Tuesday, December 30, 2008

hi.

obviously, I'm starting a blog.  I've thought about doing it for awhile because I have so many lovely friends all over the world that I'd like to stay better in touch with.  Sometimes I come across something that I think is great and want to share: an article, a book, music, a product, a recipe, whatever.  

this blog is named after the book A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken.  It is one of my top-5 books, and has had a profound effect on the way I view relationships, particularly my relationship with God and the way I understand His grace, love and mercy.  If you haven't read it, I strongly urge you to do so.  It is a love story, but is more an autobiography of the love than of the lovers (not my original description, unfortunately) and is not at all sappy.  Plus, the book details the Vanaukens' relationship with CS Lewis (Lewis led the author to faith in Christ) and includes 18 personal letters from Lewis to the Vanaukens.

I was reluctant to start a blog because I knew it would be so totally random.  I might want to share about day-to-day things one day, then post an article or write about a book I'm reading, then review a product, then post a recipe, etc.  Well, friends, I am random.  My interests, neuroses, and thought-processes may or may not have any kind of logical order or relationship.  And my blog posts may or may not either.

So welcome to my blog!  I'm glad you're here.  I want to share with you, read your comments, and enjoy life with you as best we can when separated by long distances.  I am thankful for you!

No comments: